From:
"Karen E. Marsh-Lovvorn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 May 1996 10:29:24 -0400
Hi!

Last night, I got a good look at Bonnie (the 8+ year "old fert" I posted
about in Monday's FML - husband picked her up yesterday, & I posted
requesting info.  about special needs for "seniors.")

She's a sweet old gal, but seems to be blind.  I realize they don't use
their eyesight much anyway, & she gets around o.k.  So I shouldn't worry
about it, right?  Think she's probably unadoptable because of her age, but
don't think she could stand up to the rigors of socialization with my
frenetic crew.  She's apparently healthy, but a bit frailer than the rest of
the kids, & Miss Puka (the brat!) latched onto her head the minute she got
within sniffing distance.  Ouch!  Poor Bonnie didn't know what to do!  Any
suggestions on socializing older ferrets?

Thanks!

Karen & the Gang
Lao Bear, Gurgey, Samantha, Puka, Ginger,
Roscoe, Bandit, Pouncer, Jazz, Jasmine,
Nikki, Logan, Bonnie & Clyde