From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 1996 08:02:25 -0400
Pets should be considered the same as kids when it comes to any use/storage
of firearms.  As a certified firearm safety instructor, I will attest that
it is not a good idea to leave a loaded weapon ANYWHERE that might be
publicly accessible - single/childless or not.  I have heard too many horror
stories of people having friends over who suddenly become fascinated by an
'exposed' firearm when the host is unawares.  More often then not these
people are completely uninformed in firearm safety and stuff happens.

Our society does provide ample circumstance to support a decision to own a
defensive weapon.  However, treating such with care and concern as though
you do have kids is never a bad idea.  It does not take that much longer to
access a drawer or closet in the event of need and the resulting prevention
of 'fuzzy' accidents can be well worth the effort.  Anyway, as far as common
sense and the law are concerned, the weapon should be the last resort in the
event that such need for defense should arise...

Scott