From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 1997 20:01:41 -0500
What joy the contests have wrought!  Both Michael and Barb had wonderful
submissions which so remind us of our Spot, and Catherine's "Visualize"
bumper sticker is another marvelous one!  Then there were all the other
great new submissions!  Wow!  BIG, could this possibly be made an annual
event, PLEASE, please, pleeeasssssse?  (Do I sound enough like one of your
kids to get you to cave, Bill?) It's just so wonderful.  BTW, does anyone
else recall the humourous, bright red t-shirt with the cartoon ferrets and
the slogan "Ferrets, the Original Party Animal", as done by the same artist
who drew ferrets in lieu of the Colonial Army marchers (complete with period
costumes) for the legend "Freedom for Ferrets"?  They were around about a
decade ago and were a real hoot; the cartoonist was magnificent.

Okay, here's a really HORRID Bumper Sticker: "I Mustela you about my
Ferrets!".

Ferris, don't worry.  Yes, they WILL miss you and their home, but will
probably find some things at their temporary place fun so be sure to ask
what they enjoyed to copy yourself.  They will recognize you and you will
receive some mix of hearty greeting and snubbing for so "callously" leaving
them.  Once home they will have to patrol the place to make it right again.
For a while afterward they will VERY likely seek to remind you where you and
they live by marking the territorial boundaries (especially by the doors)
with certain "leavings"; don't be upset because they are just trying very
hard to teach you so you won't goof again.  (You CAN decrease these sign
posts by putting some of your own cologne there, BTW.)

Meltdown had a very good day today, but became active enough that we skipped
her morning Winstrol.  Otherwise she DEFINITELY would have wound herself up
enough to have an ascites bout.  Last night she had her first syncope
episode in a very long time; they are painless and we really can't do
anything for them unless it's within a certain amount of time till her next
digoxin dose, so we just ride them along and what happens, happens.  She
loves Spring so and is happy about the returning birds and fresh smells this
week.

We slept!!!!!!
Sukie

[Moderator's note: Perhaps in a while I'll collect them all and make them
available in one hunk from the server.  Maybe we can have a contest then
too - subscribers can vote & I'll even supply a surprise prize for it.  BIG]