From:
"Vicki L. Pagano" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 14:07:07 EST
Hello,

I just had to write in after reading Bryon's post.  I feel badly for him.
I know how it feels, Bryon.

I usually 'Lurk' on this list, reading when I can.  I have two fuzzies,
Monte and Dakota.  My Simba had to be put down 6 months ago after
suffering with cancer.  He could barely walk, was rail thin, and seemed
to have lost all his 'life' energy.  He was existing, not living.

A dear friend of mine said, "Vicki, if you put him down, he will say
'thank you'.  There is no one else who can do this for him.  It is your
last act of love."  With that, I was able to take him to the vet.

It's not an easy decision to make.  Looking back at photos of him several
weeks before I took him to the vet, he was obviously beyond recovering.
It takes as long as it takes to finally arrive at the decision that it is
time to do it.  It's easier to think about it after the fact and KNOW you
did the right thing.  Before, it is not clear at all.  I would say, follow
your heart.  Even if you do nothing, he will go on his own when it is his
time.

The best thing I believe is to love them and spend time with them as much
as possible.  I will hold Weezer and you in my thoughts and hope you will
follow your own heart.  I am here, if you need me.

hugs,
vicki