From:
Debbi Searing <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 13:46:43 EST
Ah, the grand ole food debate.  I have tried 'em all on my ferrets--
Zupreem, MF, 8 in1, Totally Ferret, and some others, and settled on a mix
of Iams kitten and Totally Ferret.  Since I have a bag of Marshall Farms
ferret food left over, occasionally some of that gets thrown in too.  I
used to have 8 in 1 to throw in as well, but Merlin decided he didn't like
it in the bag, ripped the bag to shreds and dumped the food all over my
room.  The Marshall bag gets left in strategic places so they can dump it
over and eat what spills--thinking they have foiled me again :-)

I have read that as far as cats are concerned, it's a great idea to mix
lots (or at least a couple) different dry foods together so they never get
totally hooked on any one food, just in case they get sick sometime and you
have to change their food.  I would think the same would apply to ferrets.
It certainly can't HURT to mix different ferret foods together--they will
pick out what they like anyway.

debbi