From:
Linda Pendleton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 15:21:44 -0500
Greetings All,
It has been awhile since I posted (last time was when my Sneakyman went to
the Bridge) so I thought I'd let ya'll know what me and the Fur Monsters
have been up to.

We gained a new member to the "Biz" about a month ago.  A friend of mine's
sister had two ferrets that were both about 5 years old, a male and a
female, the female died and they did not want to keep the male by himself,
would I take him blah, blah, blah.  Oh course I said I would, bring him
on over.  Well "Fred" a skinny,underweight, scared, and handsome cinnamon
with a full mask snuggled quite contently in my arms and proceeded to fall
into a deep slumber.  After he took a short snooze (during which I clipped
his nails and cleaned dirty ears) he decided to explore his new digs.
(Old digs was a small cage and not much time out of it) He pretty much
ignored the rest of the crew who did a good job of pretending to ignore
him until they finally could'nt stand it anymore and did butt-sniffing
introductions.  All went well and Fred snuggled down into the shredded
paper box and off to ferret dream land.  Other than a few squirmishes with
Scooty the Enforcer, Fred is settling in nicely and is putting on weight.

Today was new freeway construction day.  I found a great deal on pets.com
for clear ferret freeways and ordered 3 new 20 footers which came today.
The old freeways had seen better days and had been duct taped back
together so many times they were just shot.  So with the help of my nine
furry little road construction crew we set off to work.  Well, I worked
and they wanted to see how many of themselves they could cram in a tube
while I was trying to attach and lay it out.  A comedy of errors to be
sure but a good time was had by all.  The boxes they came in have an open
space on the side to I constructed three little nesting boxes which are
now occupied by snoozing ferrets.

All in all we are doing pretty good, we still miss Sneakyman alot but I
think he watches over us and keeps us safe.  It has been almost 3 months
since my spine surgery and I'm doing pretty well.  Long way still to go
but each day gets a little better.  The kids have a blast playing with my
back brace and the Dane's make great crutches when I need help getting off
the floor, their just the right height.

Anyway, I hope this finds everybody and their fuzzy monsters/angels well.
Best wishes from my crew to your crews.

Linda and the Terrorists of Fur (Bandit, Patch, Misty, Diggy, Buster,
Scooty, Stymie, Mickey and Fred) and oh yea, Great Dane's Merlin and Monty