From:
Claire C <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Aug 2011 00:09:40 -0400
My ferret cages are set up to be connected using clear 4-inch shop vac
hose. I found that when I travel, I could take one of the smaller cages
and set it on the back seat, and loop the 10 feet of shop hose around
the inside of the car so that the ferrets could run in a loop and look
out the back window. The cage itself I would cover with towels and belt
in. This way, those who wanted to stay in the dark in their hammies
could do so, while those who wanted to be active or look out could
also do so. Missy, especially, used to get excited and want to run
around and around the loop. Sometimes, if I was driving alone, I would
loop the hose into the front seat as well, so she could come see what
I was doing, but be in no danger of getting loose.

To make a loop (when there is only one hose entry into the cage), you
just need a t-connector.

I also have a cat carrier that I've adapted to take a hose, and this
works well when travelling long distance with only one ferret.

-Claire