From:
Isabelle Doiron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 09:56:29 -0400
I was lucky enough to have a mom the offered to look after my first girl
Snoop for the whole year while I was away at school.  I was close enough to
go home every weekend and visit.  My mom loved Snoop just as much as I did,
and took really good care of her, she even took her for walks.  I couldn't
find an apartment that allowed pets in the neighborhood by the school (that
I could afford), so I ended up staying with my aunt who was terrified of
Snoop.  I did bring her down for 1 week and it was too hard.  I felt bad
about taking her back to my mom's, but she was happier there, and my mom
was glad to have her.  I'm sure that if no relative is willing to look
after her, a ferret shelter might board her, or you might be able to find
an FML'er, or another ferret person close by you that might be willing to
look after them, as long as you look after their expenses.

Debbie:  Oscar was almost 3.5 when we got 12 week old Miko.  They fell in
love from the very beginning, played and acted silly for almost an hour
then Oscar showed her how to open the bottom drawer on the dresser, they
crawled in and slept for almost 4 hours.  They always got along.  I guess
I was lucky.

I just thought that I'd comment on this.  Everyone talks about ankle
biters,  None of the 3 ferrets that I've had have ever bitten my ankles.

Isabelle
Oscar:  Loverboy extraordinaire Kiss, Kiss, Kiss,
Miko:  Hyper lady with the "What you lookin' at " attitude