From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:29:38 -0700
I was out chasing leaves today, when I began thinking about a little
old lady that arrived a while back named, Fern.  She was a stubborn ole
thing, independent and feisty.  In fact, feisty is an understatement if
I recall.  Last I saw her, she was trying to teach the wild black footed
ferrets some manners.  To no avail.

So, I decided to search her out to see what she had been up to.  I walked
past the BFF's and went on to the woods where the wolverines and badgers
live.  I figured if she was going to take up a challenge it would be with
them.  But nope, she has never visited.  Lucky them.  Lol.  But don't
doubt that some day she will.  Next I went to the kit house.  I was
thinking she might have decided to take up teaching.  Nope, she wasn't
there either.  Another future opportunity awaiting for her.  I know.  The
kitties.  Maybe she went over there to torment them.  So off I went to
look for her where all the fer-kitties live.  There was a bronco busting
competition going on over there, but she was no where to be found.

Finally, I got a clue.  A couple of boys came dancing along, both with
big old knots on the tops of their heads.  Looks like Fern had gotten a
hold of them all right.  I asked them where she was.  They said they got
those knots at Foamy Fry Forest.  Some kits took up sword fighting with
the fries and bonked them on the heads.  It wasn't fern after all.

As a last resort, I went off to find all of the past little souls that
had lived in her family.  They were taking an afternoon snooze under the
sun up on one of the fluffiest clouds around.  I few up there to find a
huge fur nest.  Legs, paws, pink toes and noses all intertwined.  And
what did I see??  FERN, right smack in the middle of the sleeping nest.
My gosh, things have changed.  I was just about to smile from ear to ear,
when one of the ferrets accidentally pushed their butt up by her face.
She struck out right in her sleep and with the quickness of a mongoose,
she tagged that butt.  The ferret jumped straight up out of it's sleep
and dooked.  Fern had already rolled over and smiled in her sleep.  That
poor ferret just looked all over at all the sleeping ferrets puzzled.
Nope.  Still the same old Fern underneath it all.