Date:
Wed, 21 Dec 2005 19:13:18 EST
Today a very special guy crossed the bridge after a long illness.  His
name is Casper, and no, he isn't white, he is a very handsome cinnamon
color with the sweetest face a ferret ever had.  He was a people ferret,
my boy, and I love him so very much.

Casper came to me, because a very special friend who also ran a shelter
got him into her shelter and she thought of me as his Mommy.  I had just
lost another special boy and was wanting another ferret to love.  So it
was that Casper came to live with me just 3 short years ago.  And they
were very special years.  Now, all ferrets are special to their humans
but I feel that there are some that are extra special and in this case
Casper was and that was because he was a Mommy's boy and we developed
that bond.  He loved to come up to me, do a little feint to the right,
then left, inviting me to play with him, and of course I obliged.  He
also loved to be held and I loved to hold him.  He got me through a
difficult time too, as he came into my life when my Mother was ill and
then she died.  He let me hold him, love him and I was comforted by him.

So Bridge greeters, please let me know that Casper has arrived.  He will
be crossing with his special blankie that he came to me with and always
slept with.  He is under explicit orders to find the reflecting pool and
let me know that he is there and that he should visit the pool frequently
and let me know that he is ok.  I also asked him to give direction from
the Bridge to Sam, one of my other guys, that he should take over where
Casper left off, and become my cuddler.  Casper knows that his Mommy
needs that.  Help him find my other babies, who crossed before him,
particularly Casey, who was his cagemate, I can imagine that she was
waiting for him with open paws.

So have a ball, my Casper, my Cazzie boy, Mommy misses you but I will
see you again someday, you and the others who crossed before you.

Ann