From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 00:17:30 -0700
Hi Folks!

Well, Monday, I got a call.  My son found a baby ferret.  Can we bring it
to you?  My son is handicapped, and has a big heart, he knew the ferret
was in trouble.  OK, tell me the story.  And she starts......

Well, my 14 year old son was out riding his bike Saturday, along the bike
path in the park.  And he saw some older boys pull up in a red race car,
get out and dump an animal out.  Once they drove away, he found a baby
ferret, just laying there, we think it had heat stroke.  He called my, I
make sure he takes my cell phone when he is out, like I said he is
handicapped.  A vet gave us your number, so did three pet stores, and the
Cleveland Animal Control.

Ok, bring the baby.  I am thinking, baby, yeah right, it is probably an
old female, and found?  I heard that before too.

Well, I was WRONG!!  Her son is handicapped, (I didn't doubt that), and has
a heart of gold.  He very gently pulls from a box, a baby.  I mean BABY!!
The little thing barely has it's milk teeth!!  He told me how he found him,
and he named him, Speedway, cause it was by the Speedway near the park.
And what he did, and how he was taught in school how to help heat stroke.

Wolfy, talk about crying!!  He sees or hears a human, he is up climbing
(or trying to) his cage, honking as loud as he can, and if you ignore him,
he starts the screaming like a mink!  (The honk gets shriller)  And if he
thinks he should see someone, he starts.  If he walks out of the room and
can't see anyone he starts.  The only time he stops is if he is sleeping,
eating (you have to hand feed him) being played with, or being held.  Don't
put him down if he falls asleep on you, he starts again.

He curls up and fits perfectly in the palm of your hand.  He is a silver
mitt, so far.

Hug your babies, and let them know how lucky they are.

We still have LOTS in the shelter.

Jean
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter
Rescue*Rehab*Educate*Adopt
Cleveland, Ohio
216/749-3885
501 (c) (3) Non profit charity

PS Kudos to Kat Parsons and her hubby Tommy.  I had a rescue in Wood
County, and my truck lost the drive axel, Tommy called in and went in
very late to work so they could go and rescue this little one!!
Thanks a bunch!!!