From:
Ela Heyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 06:27:40 -0500
Yes, Linda, you are correct on both counts.  Canola oil IS rape seed oil,
and the name does come from "Canada Oil".  It IS also used as a food oil,
although that use is rather controversial right now.  I've just read such
disturbing accounts about this oil from a health perspective that I won't
use it for food purposes in my household.  I go with olive oil instead,
which I've never read a single bad health report about.  My boys love the
taste, too!

Also, a reminder to everyone that the NYC outing will be this Saturday!  We
will meet at the Carnegie Deli (854 Seventh Ave. at 55th Street) for lunch
at 12:30 this Saturday, the 14th.  After lunch, we'll be wandering/riding
down to the pier (Pier 83, at 12th Ave.  and 42nd Street) for the 3:30
sailing of the Circle Line.  This tour will take 2 hours, and take us in a
semicircle around lower Manhattan, and should give us a great opportunity to
talk, see the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, the Manhattan Bridge, etc.

Although it's rather cold here right now, the boat IS enclosed and heated
(the center deck), so that shouldn't be a problem.  The cost of the Circle
Line tour is $18 for adults, and $9 for children under 12.  The Circle Line
takes major credit cards; Carnegie Deli takes only cash.  Please let me know
if you plan to join us!

- Ela

   (000)___(000)        Ela Heyn
   ======@======    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/5483