From:
Linda Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 1998 18:04:57 -0400
Good morning, all--

It hurts to lose a friend, so much so that some of us have been tempted to
withdraw from emotional involvement to prevent the hurt from visiting us
again.  Without a little risk, though, our lives would not be nearly as
worth living.  I would not have the memories of little Shiva, my 6 1/2 year
old adrenal sable who left us for the Rainbow Bridge last night.

She wasn't very bright, but she knew how to make me smile.  Shiva's approach
to life meant living every minute as serenely as possible.  I guess she was
making up for her confining start.  She had been left in the pet store for
the first five months of her life and was not highly socialized; yet, she
became the closest companion my first ferret, Sylvester, could ask for.  She
loved company, and it was obvious that just being in the presence of
someone--anyone--gave her great pleasure.  God knows, she was anything but
athletic.  So how did she get up into the trash can that day so long ago?

Oh, God, how it hurts.  But, you know, my other girls, Noel and Pixel, will
eventually welcome another sibling.  The blessings are the important thing.

Dooks and hugs,

Linda
Noel
Pixel