From:
Angie Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 13:08:25 EST
For those of you who suffer from allergies related to your babies and
asthma, I wanted to share a new possibility for you.  I recently started
on a drug called Singulair in addition to Zyrtec.  I could barely breath
when I was on Zyrtec alone, although it was better than nothing, but
there was no way I would part with my babies.  In any case, the
difference has been substantial and I can breath again!  So, if you're
struggling, you might try this.

Steve, I am sorry you were attacked and that you feel frustrated in the
decision not to allow you to retaliate, as it were.  But then again, who
needs more flaming?  To paraphrase something I believe Gandhi said, if we
live by the principle an eye for an eye, we'll all be blind.

I don't post a lot, but I wanted to let you know that you have my
support.  And by the looks of it, the support of many other folks on
the list.  I hope that you will keep that in mind and let go of the very
inappropriate and clearly uneducated attack.  I tend to skip over posts
when they are an attack rather than a tactful and possibly helpful
differing opinion.  And I would imagine many of us do that.  Most people
on this list are here to share information and support, but unfortunately
there is always at least one who has to ruin it by not thinking before
they type, or just not knowing how to be tactful.

I think the group as a whole would be better off if we kept two rules in
mind.
1. If you disagree with something someone is doing, get the facts first.
And if after that you still don't agree, be respectful when presenting
the information you have that leads you to your differing opinion.
2. Ignore people who don't bother with 1, because they are not worth the
time and energy.

I hope you will stay on the list, even though I don't know you that well,
for the sake of the information you still stand to gain as well as the
support from the majority of people on the list.  I believe you are
doing the right thing for your sweet baby and I will keep you both in my
thoughts!

hugs,
angie