Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 18:14:05 -0700
ok, so i admit it, i've been putting off clipping her nails again, not that
they were very dangerously long or anything, (i didn't think), but it was
just time to clip them again.  Miss Rascal was out playing and got her
nail/toe caught in a kid toy.  When i got in there she was twisting herself
around and around and her toe of course was twisted as well.  Without
thinking i just reached down (3 different times before it dawned on me) to
get her foot out of the toy and she bit down HARD, drawing blood and
holding on each time.  Finally I got wise and just scruffed her, she became
perfectly still and docile while i got her foot out and then just melted
into my arms.  It was like she was saying "i'm sorry mommy, i love you, but
my foot really really hurt!!" I was frantic, toes just aren't supposed to
be twisted like that!!  I took her to the vet, her whole foot is swollen,
but he said there isn't a whole lot that can be done.  He is afraid that if
he were to wrap it, she would hurt it more trying to get the tape off.
Tonight she has been walking on it though, so i guess it doesn't hurt her
as bad as I thought it was going to.  I just hope it heals back well and
she doesn't hold it against me.  With all of the kisses I have gotten
though since, i really don't think she hates me.  Maybe she sees me more as
the one who saved her from the horrible monster than as the one who should
have prevented it in the first place!!  She sure has enjoyed going
EVERYWHERE with me today though!!  (ferret back pack day!)

say a prayer for her tonight guys....
p.s. please tell me if there is something that can be given for
inflammation and pain...tylenol, ibuprofen, aspirin?  etc.

thanks,
tina