From:
Donna Austin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Nov 1996 14:36:10 -0500
I have posted this in the past but since there is again discussion about
ferret-proofing cupboards here is the solution.  The Safety Zone mail order
catalog has Magnetic Tot Loks for $14.95 for 3 locks and 1 "key" and can be
reached at 1-800-999-3030 (Item #K845776).  I have tried all kinds of
child-proof latches that you attach to the doors but the ferrets can still
climb in the cupboards as many of you know.  Try the Tot Loks and your
ferrets will never open another cabinet.  I have put them on all cabinets in
my house, kitchen and bathroom, and it sure does the trick!  It seemed like
a lot of money when I first bought the loks but I feel better knowing my
ferrets are safe from harmful chemicals stored in the cabinets or openings
in a wall to the outside.