From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Aug 2005 17:21:11 EDT
Dearest Friends:

It is with a very heavy heart that I must bring the FFDRI (Ferret Friends
Disaster Response Intl.), to active Response.

The hurricane Katrina IS going to hit the Southern United States
somewhere very close to New Orleans, LA

This is a Category 5 (severe destruction and loss of life) hurricane.

We of the FFDRI will do our best to keep you informed of developments.

At this time we have not been able to reach the shelter in New Orleans.
Anyone who has information as to their whereabouts please contact us as
soon as possible either by fax: 772-562-5692, or e-mail.  Also, please
note our current phone number is 772-567-0994.  Should you call our
phone and get our answering machine, please leave a message (we may be
on the computer but the phone will still take messages).

To all FMLers and rescue's please begin to gather together supplies to be
sent or transported to the effect area.  We will have a name and address
for receiving as soon as the storm has cleared the area and a response
depot has been established.

For those that may be close to the area but not in the path.
DO NOT!!! Attempt to go into the area (effected by the hurricane) within
24 hours after the storm has gone through -- they (the authorities) will
not let you in unless you have a pass and most likely one of three things
will happen.  1. You will be turned around.  2. You will be detained.
3. You will be arrested.  I speak from experience here folks so just
wait.

To each and all of you two leggers and children of Fur, Feathers, Scales,
Shells, and Hooves in this storms way.  Our prayers are with you - we
will NOT abandon you - help is on the way.

Chere McCoy
Director, Ferret Friends Disaster Response Int.

This and all FFDRI messages may be passed on.