From:
Natalie Cornish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 08:05:10 -0500
Here is a little poem I found online today, Author Unknown... It was
originally about dogs, so I modified it a teensy bit.  Hope no one
holds it against me...

BET YOU CAN'T OWN JUST ONE!

Why own a ferret?  There's danger you know You can't own just one, the
craving will grow There's no doubt they're addictive, wherein lies the
danger While living with lots, you'll grow poorer and stranger.

One ferret is so funny, and two are no trouble The third one is easy, the
fourth one's a honey The fifth's delightful, the sixth one's a breeze,
You find you can live with a house full with ease.

So how 'bout another?  Would you really dare?  They're really quite easy,
but Lord, the hair.  With ferrets in the sofa, and ferrets in the bed,
And litterboxes in the kitchen, It's no bother, you've said, They're
really no trouble, their manners are great, What's just one more ferret,
and one more litterbox?

The sofa is hairy, the windows are crusty, The floor is all footprints,
the furniture is dusty, The housekeeping suffers, but what do you care?
Who minds a few nose prints, and a little more hair?

So let's keep a ferret, you can always find room, And a little more time
for the dust cloth and broom, There's hardly a limit to the ferrets you
can add, The thought of a cutback sure makes you sad.

Each one is so special, so useful, so funny, The vet, the food bills grow
larger, you owe money, Your folks never visit, few friends come to stay,
Except other ferret folks, who live the same way.

Your lawn has now died, and your shrubs are dead too, But your weekends
are busy, you're off with your crew, There's ferret food and vitamins,
and training and shots, And entries and motels which cost lots.

Is it worth it you wonder?  Are you caught in a trap?  Then your favorite
ferret comes and climbs in your lap, His look says your special, and you
know that you will Keep all of the critters, in spite of the bill.

AUTHOR UNKNOWN

Natalie

~~~~~Douglas Adams:
"Do not meddle in the affairs Dragons, for thou art CRUNCHY and taste
 good with KETCHUP!"