From:
Kelleen Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 1995 06:06:51 -0800
Oh GOD guys as soon as you get this please start praying for RACY>>>>>  I
hate myself soooo much right now.. I went in the bedroom to gather up
trash and as I came back around the far side of the bed I stepped on the
far edge of a sweater laying in the floor and heard a squeal.  I dropped
everything and looked in it to find Racy and knew I had stepped on her.
I didn't step full on her but perhaps on the outside edge of her near the
rear.   She just layed there real sleepy like and then I went to put her
back and realized it had caused her to shit in the sweater.  I took it
and her to the bathroom to wash it off and needed both hands so I layed
her on my shoulder and she just layed there real limp like.  I cleaned
the sweater and was gettting real worried since she just kept laying real
still.  I took her in the living room and tried to rouse her with very
little success.  I thought she was dieing!!!!! (and she may be)  OH GOD
THIS HURTS SOOOOOOO BAD!!!!!!!!  I called the emergency vet at my clinic
and he said to bring her right in.  She roused some when I put her on the
couch while getting my stuff so I put her in the floor and she took a
couple steps and just flopped over on her side and laid there.  I thought
maybe I'd broken her back so I wrapped her carefully in the sweater and
drove like a bat out of hell to my vet.  He checked her out but couldn't
really determine anything other than she was pretty shocky so he gave her
a steroid shot and said to call back about 9 am... She did have feeling
in her hind feet tho when he pressed on them a bit hard, a good sign I
pray but there could be internal injuries but it is too soon to tell.  He
said we will probably need to do x-rays depending on how she is doing
later.....   I cried and cried and kissed her and told her I loved her
and that I was soooooooooo sorry!!!!!  I promised her Mommy would do
everything possible to help her even if that meant helping her to
painlessly cross over the Rainbow Bridge.....  PLEASE GODS AND GAFS DON'T
LET IT COME TO THAT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!  I have been praying ever since so I
hope there really is a GOD and that he listens and helps RACY to be
unhurt and to live, or even to be hurt but to live and recover to live a
still good life...... PLEASE PRAY FOR RACY AS MUCH AS YOU CAN!!!!!!!!  If
I lose her due to my own f--king stupidity I will NEVER be able to
forgive myself!!!!!!!  I will write again as soon as I know anything
more......  I just can't believe this happened!!  I'm sure the vet was
thrilled to get my call at 4:30 am but he was real nice and went right to
the clinic even tho I was 15 to 20 minutes away!!!!!!  This is one reason
I love my clinic since they don't just send you to the horrible emergency
place here in Boise.  If I had listened to them years ago Silly would be
dead since they said she had the flu when she really had PARVO!!!!!!!
Thank GOD we didn't listen to them and took her to Dr. Ken first thing
the next morning.........   I gotta go now I can't stop crying and it is
real hard to write about this anymore...... AGAIN PLEASE PRAY FOR
RACY!!!!!!  THANK YOU, we love you and are very blessed to have such good
and caring friends..........

LOVE,   Kelleen and the INSANE Animal House!!!! (ALL 8 I PRAY!!!)

*          Kelleen & The INSANE Animal House        *
*          President & Founder of                   *

*F.A.N.G. - Ferret Association of Neverending Glee  *
*Location : Boise, Idaho                            *
*I'll take a good animal over a good mate anyday,   *
*all THEY want is lots of love and great chow!!!!   *