Date:
Tue, 27 Dec 1994 14:58:44 PST
Item 1: YAAAY MICHIGAN!!  Hopefully CA will be next; a recent issue of
the CDFA's "California Ferret Forum" informs us that the gentleman who
introduced the ferret legalization bill last year will be reintroducing
it this coming year.

Item 2:  FERRET MAIL-ORDER RETAILERS PLEASE NOTE!  I made many calls this
holiday season to retailers mentioned on this list, for catalogs,
merchandise, etc.  In all cases, I carefully said, "Please send anything
in a plain brown wrapper".  It was both frightening and annoying to get
material from two of the four retailers with FERRET in huge letters all
over the package.  PLEASE BE UNDERSTANDING, FOLKS!  Some of us don't
WANT our mail carrier, or anybody else official, to know that we have an
interest in ferrets.  The CDFA very carefully prints just "Forum" on the
outside of their stapled newsletter, and I noticed that articles visible
from the outside say "our favorite pets", "our furry friends", and other
such non-specific terms.  I only wish that retailers who have the very
good fortune to live in the 47 ferret-legal states would be as understanding,
and as cautious.

Cheers,
        - LA, in Berkeley, with Peri and Kore (wzls),
                Epona and Kikazaru (aka Piglet) (ktns)

PS: Just catching up with FML, and I note that nobody seems to have
caught who actually sent the "fuzzy-hating fascist" comment -- it was
neither Becki nor Paul nor anybody actually involved in the MI legalization
effort, it was another anonymous Berkeleyite (NOT me).  So walk lightly all,
check attributions before flaming, and have a Fuzzy New Year.

         - LA, & krewe