From:
"Ed Crist Sr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 10:08:31 EST
Hi to All;
Well I woke up this morning and was all ready to let the kids out to play
and the cage door was open.  I looked all over the apartment and in all
their hiding places they were nowhere to be found.  I went out into the
hall and saw a couple of the tenants and told them that I could not find
the kids.  They said they would help and off they went.  I have my son
staying with me for a short while till he gets on his feet so I woke him
up.  Surprising my little Potto didn't bite his ear like she did my buddy
when he stayed with me till he got his appartment.  I then started to tell
him my dilemma and off we went on the hunt.

After an hour or two and still no kids I turned my hunt over to the men
in blue.  I called the chief of police, which was a good friend of mine,
and told him what the problem was.  I told him I didn't need this now
especialy three days before the WarmFuzzy show which was on Saturday
January 26.

Well the search went on and I was starting to shake.  The tears were so
bad that I needed window wippers to keep me dry.  I called the radio
station and asked them to announce it for me and with a few strings pulled
and a marker owed to me they put it on the news.  I then received a phone
call from a listener and she told me that she had seen three ferrets
heading south on 61 earlier this morning.  I called THE LADY DOWN THE HALL
and we ran down to the car.  At the same time I told my son to call the
Chief of Police and let him know.  With red and blue lights flashing all
over the place going south on 61 from Rt 78 at Hamburg toward Leesport
(where the WarmFuzzy show was to be ) I spared not tickets.

I stopped at the second light going into Leesport and went to tracking.
I must say I still have it (Cherokee you know) and saw the most beautiful
thing, yes three sets of ferret tracks.  They had turned left toward the
Leesport Farmers market where the WarmFuzzy show was to be.  I went right
up to the show hall and guess what I found at the front door, my jaw
dropped to the ground.  There were three of the cutest little fuzzy things
on earth.  I was so happy to see them and there they were with tickets in
their paws and their shot records at the ready.

I looked at them and said , look kids you have two more days to wait for
the show to start and you will be the first in anyway because I have to
unlock the hall.  With tears in my eyes and an apology to the boys in
blue it was back to home again.

They told me that they heard me telling everyone about the new surprizes
in the show so they could not wait to get there.  Well it's time for the
final nail clipping and dry bath before the show, oh yes the ears too.

The kids and I want to remind you not to forget to come and see the new
Winter WarmFuzzy Show on January 26 2002.  I hoped you liked my story and
hope to see all you wonderful fokes at the show.  May God bless.

Happy Flat Ferreting to all

Ed Sr.  Ed Jr.  Potto, Snickers and Snoops Crist