From:
T Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 17:39:36 -0400
Hi all,

I have a question/concern I was hoping someone might be able to shed some
light on.  I have two fuzzies: Parker (4 years old) and Presleyu (1 year
old).  They have always gotten along fine, play together well, snuggle
together in their cage, etc.  However, recently Parker has been "attacking"
Presley while they are in the cage.  Specifically, what is happening is
that while they in their hammock Parker latches onto Presley's neck and
will not let go.  For anything.  I know this is common ferret play but
when they do it outside of the cage it seems very different.  WHile this
is happening I can hear a bit of clucking and hissing although I'm never
certain which one is doing it.  I've gone over the cage to stop Parker or
remove him--it is next to impossible to get him to unlatch his teeth with
the exception of offering a raisin and even then it takes a moment.

I'm not sure if it is *really* attacking, but it has me concerned for a
couple or reasons.  One, Parker does not appear to be playing.  Two, this
is entirely out of his nature (Presley has always been the more aggressive
one, and since he is younger has more energy for it, too).  Three, Presley
does not seem to like it but yet he doesn't attempt to move or get away,
although I'm certain he has the power and strength to do so.

As two possibly relevent side notes, it's doubtful Parker has been feeling
well lately as he's having a reoccurance of his ECE, also, we made a cross
country move 3 weeks ago so the fuzzies are in a relatively new environment
(although they seem to be fine in the new apartment).

Any info, advice, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  If it's
play I'd feel much better and if not I'd like to try and ascertain WHY
this is happening and what the best course of action is.

Thanks,  :o)
Traci