Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:48:56 -0700
Thank you to everyone who posted and e-mailed me privately about Pepper's
lame foot.  Your experience and encouragement are so helpful.  I spoke
with the vet again yesterday, and we decided that it probably was not a
compression injury as I first thought, but more directly related to some
injections she received in her hind right quarters after her bad reaction
to the rabies vaccine.  Probably it hit a muscle, which is now having a
hard time extending properly and is causing her toes to clench.

Anyway, I was most happy yesterday to see Pepper bouncing around the
house and really playing for the first time since we brought her home.
She was really trying to keep her foot underneath her instead of letting
it drag behind her, although it clearly hurt at times.  It was great to
watch her pouncing on her friends, standing up on her hind feet, and
doing the weasel war dance.  Regardless of whether or not her foot heals
up properly, I know that she is not going to miss out on any of the fun.
Ferrets are such little troupers!

All the best,
Julie