From:
Barbara Bidot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 22:28:54 -0500
Hi all FMLers...

I have recently lost my beloved Murray about a week ago.  He was admitted
for surgery of his adrenal tumor but unfortunately that was not what killed
him.  When the Vet put him under and began to insert his probe in to his
throat he hit an obstruction which blocked his lungs.  After taking x-rays
and some exploratory, he discovered that he had a piece of cloth in there.
I was very shocked & saddened but such a discovery.  From now on, I plan on
recommending x-rays before any surgery is done.  Maybe its going to far, but
I definetly do not what to take any risks!

Now I am planning a trip to visit family and was recommended to visit a
breeder.  The breeder does not descent and she (along with her Vets) said it
is useless to descent.  My question to the Vets, what would be a wise and
smart decision at this point?  I plan on getting a male which will be fixed.
Any answers would be greatly appreciated since I have not encountered this
type of situation.  I also plan on calling my Vet to see what his
recommendations are as well as finding out if he performs this procedure.

I do have another loved one who is very lonely.  Her name is Taz and she is
missing her Bud!  I will be leaving the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and
hopefully will bring home a bundle of joy!  I just want to do my "homework"
before I visit the breeder.

Thanks!

Barbara