From:
Geri Weitzman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1993 22:01:20 -0400
Hi there... been a while... I have a cute story about how our younger ferret,
Wednesday, helped my Significant Other propose to me :) I walked home from work
one tired day, and picked up the fuzzie for her afternoon hug. Wednesday as
usual capered about adorably, and I observed to my SO, "Oh look! Wednesday's
engaged in pursuit of being cute." "What a coincidence," says he... "I am in
pursuit of being engaged." Out from a handy pocket comes a ring which he'd been
saving for just the right moment, and, never one to resist a pun... :)

So a lot of squealing and hugging went on, and Wednesday approvingly wandered
around our shoulders as we did.

Whee!

The fuzzies are with him in NYC which is now ferret-legal, so long as you have
a license. Speaking of NYC, anyone living remotely near the Bronx Zoo should go
visit one of these days and look up a little creature called a meerkat, African
relative of the weasel set... I think some were shown in a scene in The Gods
Must Be Crazy Part 2 standing sentry around a character who is buried to his
neck in the sand to keep cool. Meerkats are about as fun to observe as ferrets
are, the similarities and differences are quaint and cute.

I'm back in Rhode Island to finish up my undergrad studies. I miss my fiance &
ferrets, but that degree does need doing. Happy summer, all!

Geri

[Meerkats are pretty interesting animals.  They seem fairly popular in
zoos.  I'm pretty sure I've run across colonies in all the zoos I've
visited - London, San Diego, Marineland (Niagara falls), Metro Toronto
plus others I disremember.]