From:
Joyce 'Azusa' Meadows <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 1996 12:29:37 -0600
Hi!  i don't know if anyone remembers us, but we were on the FFML for a
while last year until space and time constraints forced us off. :-(  But
we're back!  Hurrah!

First off, we'd like to send our sympathies to those who have recently lost
ferrets.  I'm not looking forward to the day when I have to say goodbye to
one of mine, but reading your posts gives me a wonderful example of strength
and love.  When the time comes, I hope I can deal with my kids' passing on
as well as you have with yours.

I'm at home sick right now, and I should probably be asleep.  So be warned:
I'll probably start rambling!

seth: youre rambling already  shut up and give me ferretone

On to some replies:

>From:    Jason Creager <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: FA Lawsuit/Larry Fortensky
>The good part about that lawsuit is that Mrs.  Winters' lawyer will have to
>produce *documented* proof in court of all of the charges...

Ah, I just love coming in on the middle of a thread! :)  I hate to ask, but
could someone with a little time to spare (if such a person exists here!
^_^) please private e-mail me and give me a rough overview of this case (or
point me to a couple of back issues that cover the basics of it)?

From an anonymous poster:

>...I have severe allergic to cats (Altough I love them, imagine, you want
>to love something, and you get sick from it...), with a good combination of
>asthma. ... Guess what: I'm allergic to ferrets, too!

I'm also allergic to cats.  :`( Actually, it's worse with long-haired cats;
most short-haired cats give me no problems unless I rub my face in their
fur.  But just being in the room with a long-haired makes my nose run, my
face red, my throat tighten, etc.  I hate it, because I love cats.  I'm also
mildly allergic to a few dog and some foods.

I am not at all allergic to either of my ferrets, though (thank goodness!!).
I've never had any sort of allergic reaction to anyone else's ferret, either.

Like anything else, allergies to ferrets vary from person to person.  In a
portion of your letter that I snipped (oops - sorry!), you said that if you
could have, you would have gone to a pet store or friend's to interact with
some ferrets.  I thought that was a terrific idea!  The only way to know if
you're allergic to carpet sharks is to actually come into contact with
some.  ^_^

>                          Sylvia & Mazsola(?)

(I guess I went a little crazy with snipping - I cut the From: line for this
one, too)

>Both of my current ferrets have many stuffed animals that are THEIR stuffed
>animals.  They actually both have special ones they consider their own (and
>they go back and forth stealing from each other and re-hiding...

:) hee hee...Emma claimed a stuffed sheeop of mine as HERS.  It's about
twice as big as she is, and it's great fun to watch her latch onto its leg
or tail and drag it around!  ^_^ It gets really cute when she tries to climb
up onto my bed with it.

The other day, she started dragging around a shopping bag.  It's one of
those big clothing-store paper bags with plastic handles....She grabbed a
handle and set off!  (I watched to make sure she didn't chew any pieces of
plastic off, of course)

>Suzanne - - Gotta love 'em!

Oh, I do!!  I do!!!!

-joyce, Servant of Seth and Emma

seth: thats right heh heh heh  now bow to us and let me run around in the
      living room
emma: seth is silly   i think ill just bite him now

(I refuse to teach them how to use the shift key - who knows what they'll be
able to do then????)