From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jun 1996 03:24:25 -0500
I'm outta here for the next month and a half.  So there!  But don't worry,
there will be only short stretches of Bobles mirth--blame laptops.

Have to tell you about Tori's new trick.  For the last few days, while
talking on the phone, it clicks and button tones are introduced into my
wonderful and enlightening conversation.  This is not unusual at my house (4
teens!  God, I'm gonna die!), but what is unusual is the reluctance of the
person to stop trying to use the phone.  Today, I had it.  I put my buddy on
hold, then ran to the other extension to yell at the next lawn-mowing
volunteer.  To my surprise, it was Tori.

Seems she is attracted by the ringing; she climbs to the back of the TV,
hoists herself to the top, leaps across the void to the phone hutch,
bulldozes the reciever, and attempts her call.  I'm quite concerned, because
she won't answer any FLO questions; she just looks away.  I know she is
hidding something.

A postscript to this delightful story is that today she was able to actually
make contact with the operator (who was not amused).  Next thing you'll know
is she will be using Applespeak to run the 'pooter.  (Dook-dook = open
Telnet....dook-dook-chuckle = erase mail files...)

Oh yeah, Josh threw some of my ferret photos on a homepage (still under
major construction, no captions, etc.  Don't expect any changes until after
I return to MO in Aug.  So sue me for being busy!).  If you want to check it
out, try:

http://www.missouri.edu/~c620213/

The only real stuff you will find are photos of Bear (Pillowbug), Moose
(the silver mitt), Daye, Foster (the booger-nose), Razz, Nosette, Apollo,
Gus (in the popcorn), Simon, and Tori (the albino). Oh, and that lady of
the thigh, Stella (the blaze) I think some of these photos have been
posted at Ferret Central, but a few are new. Please wait 'til the thang
can be fixed up before linking it to any pages.

See you on the road (Thats a warning NW USA and Canada!)

Bob and the 14 Masters of the