From:
Kevin Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 03:05:48 EST
Hey and dooks to all the furkids.  Prayers and good thoughts to the ill and
those no longer with us.

First I just wanted to clarify something to Kay, Gina, and some other FML
readers.  Little Boy was not my ferret.  Me and the remaining 9 kids want
to give it some time before we bring anyone else home.  Little Boy was,
what I could consider, a rescue.  Guess you could say his owner just about
abandoned him on my doorstep.  I really think the owner figured Little Boy
was ready to go.

Little Boys death had no connection what-so-ever with the other deaths we
have suffered.  This guy was showing signs of hypothermia and starvation.
Pure out-n-out neglect.

As for the current posts regarding what some consider a "beg-a-thon" to
pay some overdue vet bills.  I am looking at another side of the story.
Lets say the bills don't get paid.  The vet may elect not to accept anymore
accounts from a breeder or shelter because they deem them 'Bad Risks'.
What if other vets followed suit?  How many times have stores discontinued
customer accounts or credit accounts because they could not collect?

How would it affect the shelters (an ultimately the ferrets) if vets
decided they wanted cash up front or no treatment?  'What's that?  Rescued
29 ferrets?  Okay - exams are $25.00 each not including meds, etc.  Cash
up front please, we no longer extend credit".  Can ANY shelter afford that
outlay of cash?

Maybe people look at it differently because it was a breeder that was
involved.  I'm trying to look at a larger picture.

Just my thoughts folks !!

Kevin B and the Way Kewl Critter Crew
~Simon~Lacey~Hershey~Sprite~Cuddles~Java~Miss Priss~ ~Cinna~Racer~
Guardian Fur-Angels -
~Furrice~Lady~Zeus~Rascal~Socks~Muttley~Dookesbury~Little Boy~
Missing our friends - Kimo the Sumo Cat (and Honorary Fert) and fellow
ferts ~Petey~, ~Nibbler~, ~Max~, ~Romeo~, ~Bandit~, and the other ~Romeo~
Saying "Hey!" to ~Pandora~, ~Noser~ and the rest of the Tennessee Brat
Pack !!
Please see       KITY=^..^=KAT's Fur Faces, Memorial for Zeus
                      http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/2396/zeus.html
Prayers to the ill and those who have gone before us.  Hug your fuzzies
while you can, hold them in your heart when you can't.