From:
Michelle Skinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 1995 14:37:49 -0600
to whomever asked, we do have a ferret (our beloved Taz) who was a nasty
biter when we got him.  We adopted him at the Ferret Rescue where we first
encountered Ferrets, Etc.  We noticed him because he bit a kid trying to
pet him.  So, we decided to adopt him (we had a kit, Honey, at home).  We
stopped by a pet store on the way out of town to get him a harness.  He
promptly bit the salesperson while she was assisting me with his harness.
When we got him, not only did he promptly beat the crap out of Honey, he
also snitched a gerbil treat and didn't want to let it go.  When I removed
it from his mouth, he bit me.  He spent the next two weeks leaving scars
on our ankles until he finally decided to trust us.  HE hasn't bitten
anyone since, except when he's trying to give one of us a bath and we
move.  "*chomp*  Hold still, damnit, can't you see I'm busy cleaning you!!!"

however, for stories about two REAL biters, talk to Stephanie of FErrets,
Etc about lucy and Samantha.  I can vouch for Lucy, we attempted to foster
her for a couple weeks until we decided that the conbination of digger,
vicious biter, and "Litter box?"  combined with a strict landlord and new
carpetting just couldn't be handled.  We needed to be able to touch her to
deal with two of the problems, and every time we tried, she tried to take
an arm off.  Lucy is perfectly happy living with STephanie, whom she
trusts, and Samantha, who is a worse biter than Lucy and Lucy's closest
ferret friend.

Michelle

--
Meet my pets.  The ferrets (Taz, Coffee, Daphne, Tia, Gretchen and Nameless),
the gerbils (31 permanent residents and various babies), the zebra mouse