From:
Sara Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2006 18:01:58 GMT
I, too, had a negative experience with AnimalAttraction.com.  I was
notified that Bellene (Easter Ferret) had won the contest and she was
shown on the winner's page.  However, a day later I was sent another
email saying that there had been an error and another animal, Snow
Angel, had won.

Obviously upset, I wanted to know how the mix-up had occurred.  Dan,
the president, had emailed me the results of the contest.  Bellene had
clearly more points that any of the other entrants.  However, Snow Angel
had the highest average voting score.  Upon closer examination, I noticed
that Snow Angel's picture was marked as inactive.  When I inquired about
this status, he had no answer.

He actually gave me a call, which was nice, and we discussed it in
detail.  He was pleasant on the phone, apologized, but offered no
explanation for what had happened.  Still confused, our emails continued
and the point that I made was that Snow Angel's picture had been taken
out of the contest (marked inactive) early on in the voting so that his
score was actually preserved.  While Dan agreed, he didn't agree to do
anything further about it.  I suggested that a tie be awarded or that
he simply re-run that month's entries.,, no.

A couple of more days passed and I got a rather disturbing email from Dan
again who said that the ferret community is cheating and not following
the contest in the true spirit and demanded that I tell him what was
going on.  Surprised and appalled, I told him that I no longer visit his
site and have no clue what he was talking about.  He said that he was
revamping the rules and would disqualify all of the ferret entries.

I honestly believe that there was something dishonest going on (and
possibly still is) and I no longer will promote or take part in his
website.  Please proceed with caution when entering or voting for
ferrets.,, it's just not worth all of the negativity and harassment
that is associated with it.

Sara Hamilton
Leizel's Weasels
www.leizelsweasels.com
Sponsorship, Advertising & Special Presentation Coordinator
Inland North West Ferret Association Show-Sept. 30th, 2006