From:
Brian Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 00:36:07 -0400
Hello everyone

It seems way too often that we read this on the FML, but one of my mom and
dads' babies, Emmy, went to the bridge today.

She was about 3.5 years old and a few weeks ago we felt a tumor in her
belly.  We made an appointment to see the vet, who promptly scheduled
exploratory surgery for today.  In the meantime, we could feel the tumor
growing almost daily. :(

Anyway, the vet opened her up and saw there was no hope for her and called
my dad and asked to euthanize her.  My dad agreed.  My mom called to tell
me what happened and she was so upset and sobbing that at first I thought
my dad had died.  All I could understand was "dead dead".  I feel sorry for
her, my heart aches actually.  The still have another ferret, named Poochi.

Emmy was SO cute though.  They got her very young I think she was 7 weeks
old.  She was afraid of everything and the smallest noise would make her
run off under the entertainment center which was her favorite place.  She
had a myriad of stuffed toys she loved to play with, her favorite being her
"dolphin".  She would carry it everywhere.  My dad buried her with her
favorite toys so she could take them to the bridge with her.  So now she
has lots of toys to share with all our babies up there : ) Sorry to ramble.

God bless.

Brian Wood
Daddy to Raisin and Caine