From:
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 18:14:14 EST
Just got back from the vet with Annie Bones, her official name.  She
weighed in at 250 grams.  Heart, lungs sounded good.  CPR good.  Overall
she is in good shape considering her age and weight.  My vet confirmed my
estimate of her age being between 4 and 5 weeks old.

Her rectum was prolapsed a bit, but last night it came all the way out.
Dr. K put in a drawstring suture that will come out in 1 week.  We just
have to moniter if she is going to the bathroom ok.  We drew blood for her
ADV test and will post the results when they come in.  We will be doing a
full blood panel in a few months to check and see if everything is working
correctly.

She is gaining weight and is on duck soup and moistened ferret food.  She
is bright and alert and wants to be held all the time.  Annie is so sweet
and has never nipped at all.

So far no one has come foward to claim her.  A few people had the thought
that maybe the petstore threw her out because she was sick.  I can't rule
that out as another petstore got caught here doing that with their sick
animals.  I got supplies from my vet to send in samples for further ADV
testing.  Thankfully right now we have low numbers here and it will be
easier financially.

i want to thank everyone who send e mails concerning Annie and ADV
testing.  Everyone was kind and no harsh words were sent.

i hope to have Annie Bones back on her paws soon and find her a forever
home.  I must admit I'm growing very attached to her, as you can imagine.
she will have to go to a very special home and i will insist on being part
of her life, lol.

I also want to add that i got 2 ferrets returned to me because the owner
is moving to Cali.  Oden was a resident her for a very long time, I
adopted him out twice but he bite both owners very bad.  He is very
protective and like a watchdog.  He is mellowing out but he also is going
blind.  his mate is Blaze, she was a dark silver but now a marked white.
Both are aproximatly 5 yrs old but healthy.  they will be ADV tested this
week.

If anyone here is iterested in the pair I only ask for a donation covering
the cost of the Rabies Vax and ADV testing.  Please consider giving this
pair a loving home, they deserve a perminant home and not to live at the
shelter forever.

Blaze the female is deaf but does just fine!

They also have a large Midwest playpen that goes with them.

so far this year we have only taken in 23 ferrets, 3 more comming in
this week.  Usually by this time we normally would have taken 50 ferrets.
i hope this will be a quieter year!

Take care,
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter