From:
Amy Gordon-Fohl and Christopher Fohl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jul 1996 11:41:59 -0500
Hello hello!
I actually meant to post this days ago but cyberferret (aka cyberdog) stole
my mail and since it was late at nite I said "Skip it!" and went to bed.

The news: we finally took advantage of my sisters job at the pet store and
picked up a new ferret.  Okay, actually Etienne picked out the new ferret.
We brought her along to make sure we didn't get one she hated.  They had one
poor fella in the back that no-one wanted because he was older and bigger,
about 10-11 weeks so we introduced her to that one and she sniffed and acted
non-chalant about him.  Him, cage included, came to less then Etienne alone
so he was "affordable".  Introductions went mostly w/out incident except for
the brief fight on the way home...Etienne let him know right away who was
boss.  Funny 'cuz altho' he's younger, he's larger than Et' is.  He's
learning fast tho', I just had to rescue Et' from him, he's got strong
jaws!!  After deliberating on the subject for the nite we comprimised and
came up w/2 names for him: the "serious" one is Hamish, the "Cutesy" one is
Snickers-same coloring.  Plus the nicknames of course: Ham, Ham Snickers,
Snicker Snack, and, HEY!  QUIT THAT!

Anyways, I also have some Etienne observations/questions.  She doesn't act
like a "normal" ferret.  She doesn't wobble when she walks, she can go
somewhere w/out getting constantly distracted, and she gallops like a horse
at times.  She hates ferret treats but loves human foods.  She -likes- baths
and showers!  Sometimes I think she's more otter than ferret.  She prefers
our bed to hers.  The list goes on, she even behaves/ thinks human like at
times (yes, I do know the difference between anthropomorphism- she tries to
do human activities!).  Does any of this sound like a ferret you know, Iv'e
never seen a ferret behave this way before.  btw, it was rather funny
watching them get to know each other by war-dancing round each-other in
circles in my sister's kitchen.  After a few moments of that they became
quite dizzy and con-foozed.  Then there was Et' defending us from the wierd
new four legged intruder-"Keep away!  They're MY humans, you can't have
them!"

slan go foill
criostoir