From:
Evelien Gilbert-de Laaf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 1997 17:51:47 +0200
This is an open letter to Bob and his family,

Time to delurk.
I would like to send you my condolences, for the loss of your pet.  I
followed your fight from the Netherlands.  It seems to me that officials
have a lot to say in the private lives of people and their pets.

We live with rabies here in the old world to the extend that we have to put
meat with the vaccin in the forests to vaccinate foxes.  (They found that
with just killing the animals others would take their place and rabbies
became even more rampant.)They don't even consider the small predators like
polecats, and marters are at risk.

I have never heard of anybody having been bitten by a ferret and developing
the disease.  Maybe in your case against the state I can help you get in
touch with people over here, to give you facts and figures here ,in Europe,
to support your case.

Maybe it does something to protect other predatory pets who, god help them,
have fangs and occassionally choose to use them ,or who accidentally get in
the way of human hands.  And even more ....maybe it helps me and you to get
rid of this horrible sense of powerlessness that you undoubtely feel much
more intens than I can even begin to understand.

I am so very sorry. Let me know if you need info.

Sincerely

Evelien Gilbert-de Laaf

P.S. I appologise for any spelling mistakes, English is not my first
lanquage.