From:
"Reed, Melinda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 1997 15:28:36 -0400
Thought I would post a little "scary" but funny incident that recently
happened with my ferts.  My daughter recently found a turtle which was
rather small.  She brought it home and kept it in a box.  I kept insisting
she let it go back into the wild and she was going to, but something
happened in the mean time.  I kept the box up high away from the snoopy ones
and one day I was sitting on the couch and all of the sudden I heard this
terrible, awful noise.  It sounded like a screaching bird.  Somehow, someway
Whiskers had gotten into the turtle box and the turtle had latched onto his
foot.  I pulled them both out and proceeded to scruff the turtle by the
neck.  It worked, the turtle let go.  Whew, it was really scary.  Whiskers
paw was fine, no blood, a little swelling, but his pride was killing him.
Needless to say the turtle went out, immediately.

My biggest ferret Tigger has recently got lazy.  He plays really hard in the
mornings when they get out for exercise, but when I let him out when I get
home from work, he plays for maybe 15 minutes and then finds a place to go
back to sleep.  Is it the weather?  I have air conditioning so maybe he
thinks it's winter and he should hibernate?  He is healthy otherwise.  I've
checked his poops, he is eating, just a little lazy.  He is approximately 10
months old.  He is so funny in the mornings when he plays, he runs all the
time and you can hear him panting while running and playing.  I've been
paying extra attention to him lately.  He is not real cuddly and I'm trying
to make him a cuddle bug like my other three.

I recently went to a yard sale and the people had a large ferret cage for
sale.  I asked if they had a ferret.  The reply was, "yes, we had a female
but we sold her".  "We got tired of bathing her every week".  WHAT???  I
asked why they did that.  The reply was because the pet store told them to.
She said the ferret smelled too bad.  I told her she was bathing the ferret
too much, that I only bath mine about four times a year and gave her the
spill regarding their natural oils and so on.  Her son was there and you
could tell by the look on his face that he was highly upset.  His mother
said the ferret was his and he loved her but he got tired of bathing her.
How sad.  I asked her if possible to let the ferret's new owners know
bathing was not required every week.  She said she was going to let them
know.  I've got to get the correct information out there to people.  Word of
mouth is not doing any good.  I'm soooooo glad I found the FML and know how
to take care of mine.  I feel like a ferret educator to others sometimes.
Thank you FML!

I loved the Mongoose story.   I have laughed so much about this.

Well, just thought I would share a funny story with all and hope that this
adds some smiles : ) instead of all the debates going on.  To other FMLer's
who get tired of the MF debate, use the scroll key.  It works wonders.

Mindy and her fabulous, wonderful ferrets . . . . .

Whiskers, Tiny, Cocoa, and Lazy Tigger