From:
"Anna M. Adam" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 May 1996 08:15:59 -0500
I guess it's probably my place to comment on the ferret name issue.  Send
mail to [log in to unmask] with SEND FERRET NAMES in the body of the
message.  You'll get a long list of over 2000 names (some duplicated)
submitted by people here on the FML and from alt.pets.ferrets.  THAT should
certainly give you some ideas.  My own opinion is that you shouldn't name a
pet until you get it.  I'm not sure why I'm like that... I guess I try to
pick a name appropriate to the pet.  Not that "Beckett" has anything to do
with personality, he just LOOKS like a Beckett (that, and Quantum Leap's
final episode was on TV the same day I brought my Beck-boy home).  Anyway,
from getting all these owners' comments, I see a lot of "we named her ___
but that's hardly like her, she should have been called ___." Not that this
idea would carry over to human babies.  My husband and I have a long list of
names ready for our human children, And I'm not even pregnant!  :) Good luck
with your future fert!

Anna and her crew -1