From:
"Jennifer D. Ellis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 08:30:33 -0500
Yesterday we took a trip to a local hardware store (looking for woodstove
pellets; no luck), only to find htat it's going out of business and
everything in the store was 30-60% off.  Came home with linoleum (lots;
$0.84), linoleum tiles (12; $3), a new poop-scraper, and, perhaps most
important, three large bags of mulch.

We had a pair of ferrets arrive in a 50-gallon reptile tank once--ages ago.
The tank wasn't in great shape, had no lid, and the plug for the hole in
the bottom was gone.  So we were stuck with a large glass box.  For the
past several months, it's been a toybox, with shoes and balls and things in
it; the ferrets get in and play with stuff.  Now it's a large glass box of
dirt.

I used the corner of a linoleum tile--the self-sticking kind--to plug the
hole in the bottom, then just dumped in mulch.  I also buried a couple of
their favorite plastic tubes.  Oh, happy ferrets!  And I figure if they
ever get tired of digging, we have a very nice flowerbox...

Oh, and one other thing: the self-sticking linoleum floor tiles don't stick
to metal at all.  So they're really not the best bet for lining the
sheet-metal bottom pan of a cage.  <sigh>

I put in too much mulch, of course.  They're getting dirt all over the
place.  But they're SO HAPPY.

Jen and the Crazy Business
http://home.maine.rr.com/tesseract