From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 May 2001 10:32:19 -0400
Judy Gronwold writes:
>I have not been
>a good spokesperson for Aleutian disease.  I have not been able to touch
>people's hearts so that they care enough about researching this virus that
>is killing you.  I have not been able to help them see that *something*
>needs to be done to prevent any more stories like yours.

Judy
Nothing could be further from the truth.  I know of noone who has done as
much as you to help people understand the horrors of this disease.  Yes,
many of us knew ADV has been around for decades, and we were starting to
become aware that it was increasing in prevelance and virulence.  But it
was YOU that made us aware of how truly devastating it is.

Yes, there is no cure, no prevention, no treatment.  Yes, much more money
and time is needed before these things will be found.  And yes, many more
ferrets will suffer before this happens, if ever.

But Judy, it is not because you have failed in any way.  You have done more
than most, and if the rest of us followed your example, we might be that
much closer to dealing effectively with ADV.

In the meantime, you have given Lil Bear and the others, White Russian,
Charmin' Charlie, Sampson, etc, all the love that they need, and I know
they love your back.  That in itself is something to be proud of.

Linda Iroff
Oberlin OH