From:
Natalie Cornish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 09:13:53 -0400
Just thought I'd mention why we have three ferrets.  Of course, we started
with one, Joey, and boy was he a handful when he was a kit!  As he got
older though, and we were often away at work or school, I thought that he
might get lonely, so we got a second ferret, Mittens, to keep him company
and play with him during the day.  This last fall, Mittens was diagnosed
with lymphoma and adrenal disease.  The lymphoma is pretty advanced so we
thought that we probably won't have very much longer with him.  So, we
picked up a third ferret, Lyssa.  Lyssa will never replace Mittens, but
we thought that when he crosses the bridge, she'll be able to help keep
Joey out of depression and lighten our hearts a bit as well.  I've never
regretted getting Lyssa, of course.  She is a true joy, and a far greater
handful then Joey was when he was a kit.  Luckily, she has Joey to chase
to rid herself of all that excess energy!

Natalie and the *3* furry snakes