Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 00:42:40 +1100
I just wanted to say thank you to the two people who offered me help and
I'm sort of upset about the mixed responses I got from the rest of the
people... I do not have much experience with ferrets, but I read up as
much as possible all I can and have been doing alot of research.  I would
not consider breeding if there was such a high number of unwanted ferrets
in my area like there is in the USA or UK.  In Sydney, Australia atleast,
ferrets are quite uncommon... It took me 2 years to finally get my guys
and even then they cost me a lot of money.  They came from breeders and
are all unrelated.  I want to breed for purely healthy and good natured
pets... I'd love to show my guys but finding any ferret related places
around me is near impossible.  I found a NSW Ferret Welfare society
website that I went to near a year ago and rang up about adopting a
ferret with no luck, I visited this website not more than 2 days ago and
it remains the same... When i said I also considered a shelter, I mean
more along the means if I considered breeding I would also take in any
ferrets I see needing help, I didn't mean that there are 100's waiting
around with no one to care for them... I've been told that Marshall's
will mill them to petstores for cheaper etc... There is no Marshalls in
Australia... We are one of the few countries who still use the ferrets
for their original purpose... If I was an idiot who wanted to breed I
wouldn't of come to ask for help I would of just gone ahead and done
it, but I'm not... I care for my guys and want more people to enjoy
ferrets... I know that I have about 6months before they go into season
and I want to learn as much as I can... If you can help me, please do...
If not, please do not abuse me any more...

Thanks
Molab