From:
Sharon Burbine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 15:52:30 EST
Just another mention regarding the Animal Planet showing of Luv of Ferrets
Shelter and Rescue.  For those of you who didn't see it, you may want to
check out the Animal Planet website at: http://www.animalplanet.com as I
believe they show a lot of reruns and may have listings.  I believe this is
the first time Animal Planet has done a story on a ferret shelter and I'm
hoping this won't be the last.  Also, please let them know what you thought
of the show, hopefully, they'll do some kind of a follow up program, or
feature more great stories on ferrets.

Although the show was listed as: Wild Rescues, it featured three
storylines.  The first was a group of wildlife rescuers in Ca Ca land,
then the spot on Jo's shelter who drove home the fact that ferrets are
domestic, then another spot on aid dogs.

In my opinion this was a great broadcast, done coast to coast, (including
Ca Ca land).  It showed ferrets in a positive light.

I actually got quite emotional when they had the story of the young man
from Concord, MA that adopted the special needs ferret.  What an
exceptional young man he is and such a happy ending for both of them!!!