From:
Davon Giampaolo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 May 1997 13:42:31 -0400
Hi, recently we had a bout of a flu type invasion with one of our own dear
ferts.  She is much better now.  She had diarrhea and was refusing to eat.
She lost weight rapidly also.  My vet and Mary at the shelter gave me some
tips on feeding and I want to pass them on to you.  May help any who haven't
tried this version.  I call this Dook Soup.

Dook Soup
1 can Science Diet a/d growth formula (51/2 oz)
2 oz Sustacal (non-dairy human nutritional supplement, vanilla)
1 tsp Butter
Pedialyte can be used to thin for syringe feeding if needed
Mix thouroughly. This can be stored fro 48 hours.

You can freeze the Sustacal in ice cube trays and store for future use.

As their health improves, reduce the amount of Sustacal as the high sugar
content in this product if used for several months at high does can lead to
diabetes or other pancreatic problems.

I was also advised to give my ferret Immodium .  The amount was .10cc -.25cc
one to three times a day as needed for no more than 3 days.  Worked well
for us.

I hope this can helpsomeone. It sure helped our little Fuzzbutt. She is
dooking it out once again with her brother and foster sister.

Our thoughts are with you Kodo.