From:
Liz Zink <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 1997 07:24:51 -0700
Someone asked about stopping carpet digging.  My 3 ferts Quincy, Sinbad &
Mischieva love to dig the moment we close doors in our house, bathroom,
bedroom, whatever.  NO DOOR MAY BE CLOSED!  :) What we did was go to Walmart
and buy some cheap car floor mats, plastic ones, they come in clear.  Then
we just nailed them to the carpet (in 2 places) otherwise they dig
underneath the mat.  When we leave the house (it's rented) we'll just take
the nails up and the mats go with us.

By the way, before we thought of this great idea, the ferts would go to
bathroom right beside the litter pan (GASP, SHOCKING) Does anyone know of a
cleaner that REALLY gets the smell of urine out of the carpet.  I'd like to
get our large deposit back someday when we leave here and these carpets are
not in the best of shape right now.

Thanks,

Liz
Quincy "I ALWAYS HIT THE BOX, MOM!"
Mischieva "I'm still learning, these things are confusing!"
Sinbad "BOX?  What box?  This lovely spot next to the plastic thing works
just great!"