Date:
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 00:28:10 EDT
We all have some difficult trials to deal with in life, don't we?

Cheyene-a biter who was in a shelter for --I think 2 years--or 3-- who bit
me for over 2 years after that, reverted and took a nasty bite out of me
at the park this evening when I went to pick him up.  He had been out on
his leash over an hour, is at least 8 years old, and looked tired.  I think
he is still upset over the time I spent caring for the baby duck instead of
the many hours I usually spend with the ferrets.

I come in, stop the bleeding, and bandage up.  I walk out on the porch,
and my feral cat is sitting there looking up at me with gashes above his
eye.  So off to emergency vet we go.  Since it is not a life or death
issue, I wait over 3 hours before the cat is seen.  It is a one hour
drive to get there.  Cat urinates on me, and there I sit, wet and reeking.

I come home, and there is a note on the door from my neighbor.  This is
the one who is mansion sitting.  The baby ducky would not eat a thing and
is dead.

I learned from you guys that the baby duck should have been running around.
It never did.  So there was something wrong with it.  There is just
something in me that wants all sick or hurting animals to get better.
And babies cannot die.

Thank you for all of your help with the baby.  I learned a lot about how
to care for a baby duck.  It is not a good idea to undertake this endeavor
unless you plan to keep the duck, as they bond with the entity they
consider to be the mother.  So maybe this was a blessing.

At least the baby did not die all alone-pecked to death.  That was what
was happening to it when I first saw it.  I pray to God the baby is with
Him now:

The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LOrd, endureth
for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.
Psalm 138:8