Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2007 12:25:34 EST
[Forwarded with permission of Kris Mewton.  BIG]

Hello

My name is Kris S Mewton, and I'm the president of the Michigan Ferret
Rescue & Adoption Network, Inc. (Mfran) , a 501c3 Organization in
Michigan. We were founded by a group of ferret lovers that got together
and formed this organization.

Our Mission:

Article II. Mission

I. Rescue any ferret that is unwanted, lost, mistreated, abused, or
abandoned.

II. Rescued ferrets shall be placed in safe, clean havens until
adoption.

III. Never have a ferret euthanized except when the quality of life
is no longer there.

IV. Provide any and all medical needs to the ferrets rescued.

V. To educate the public regarding ferrets and ferret ownership (i.e.:
pet stores and staff, ferret shows and events)

VI. Provide a list of veterinarians who are ferret knowledgeable.

VII. To protect domestic ferrets against anti-ferret legislation,
mistreatment, or any practice which lowers the ferret's quality of
life.

VIII. To actively promote working friendships and support amongst
ferret owners, particularly those adopting from our shelters.

IX. To provide guidelines for the establishment of shelter and adoption
programs for homeless ferrets.

X. To establish working relationships with local, county, and state
animal control agencies.