From:
Rochelle X <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Dec 1994 20:14:28 -0500
        Ok, this is going to sound weird, but...  One of my ferrets, Fezzik,
had been pretty sick earlier this month (we were force feeding).  A day or so
after he finally started eating again, I caught him stealing a kibble out of
the dog's bowl - he'd never seemed interested in dog food before, so I was
pretty surprised.  (Especially since this ferret is *so* picky that he won't
eat/drink sustacal, nutrical, or raisins.)  Is there any harm in letting him
occaisonally have a dog kibble?  Obviously dog food is completely unacceptible
for a basic food, but is there any harm in it as a treat?   (We feed the dog
twice daily, and so far Fez has only been able to steal one, or at most two,
dog food kibbles a day, which shouldn't interfere with his appetite for his
regular food.  FYI, we feed the ferrets a mix of IAMS & Science Diet kitten,
and we're feeding the dog Nature's Recipe Lamb & Rice... and no, the dog
doesn't seem terribly upset about Fezzik's thefts!)

        -Rochelle  (who had thought she'd tried everything under the sun in an
attempt to get Fez to eat earlier this month - Sustacal, Nutrical, Pedialyte,
Gatorade, Hills a/d, peanut butter, defizzed-Sprite....  obviously, I should
have thought to try dog food...)