From:
"Benita G. Booker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 12:09:42 EST
I am not sure if I am coming in on the end of this discussion.  Traveling
with my gang is the best.  I have several ways of travel with them.  I
have traveled from Georgia to New Jersey with them.

I have the carrying sack, but I have 12 and I am real funny about not
having all with me at the same time.  If I do use my carrying sack, if I
feel someone needs special mommie time.  Funny, because ususally within
the first 10 minutes of fresh air they are sleep.  I will put a treat of
choice in the carrying sack.  I will also carry a water bottle on the
side just in case we are gone longer than expected.

The ferret store has a fur by four stroller that is the best thing I could
have every invested in.  Although it gets cramped with all 12, I layer the
hammocks.  They still love it.  You can put litter, food, water bottle or
whatever your fuzzy needs for a pleasureable trip.

At one time I did not like superpet cages.  But, now I do.  There is one
cage that will fit in a SUV perfectly when assembled.  By the time I pack
all their toys and stuff I barely have enough room for my stuff.  It has
enough room for long term traveling and play.  I even will run tubing in
there for play.  Folds down if you need it.  I use that one when we travel
to NJ.  That is a 14 to 15 hour drive.  I also spike the water with rescue
remedy from GNC.  Take all paperwork and know where vets are in case of an
emergency or incident.

But, when you leave them in a home with family members be sure they
understand not to let them out when you are not there.  I had 9 ferrets
traveling with me when my cousin was sick with cancer.  She loved them.  I
decided to go and help a ferret santrary in NJ for a couple of hours one
day.  To come home and find out my mother of all people and brothers as
cohorts decided to let the gang out.  We'll the ferts must have gave them
an experience.  Because they never said they would do it again.  I was
mad.  I can understand when you look in those cute faces that say mommie's
not here, please let us out, we'll be good.  I heard how long it took to
catch them and where they went.  I am happy nothing happened to them or my
family.  Since my cousin has past away we have not traveled there since.

If I open anything that they have traveled in before they will get in
there themselves.  They look like kids on their first adventure.

Benita