From:
Joy Collier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 2005 19:01:43 -0800
Hello everyone,

My ferret Sofie just had an intestinal blockage removed.  She didn't
recover as well as expected and had to have a transfusion.

****In case the donor's human reads this list, I want to say thank you
both for helping save her.  I live in VA Beach and the operation was at
Pet Care Veterinary Clinic.***

She spent one night at the emergency hospital and one night at the vet's
office.  She will be returning home tomorrow, and I need advice on what
to do to help her recover.

I have a large cage and plan to secure her in the top half by herself.  I
have also purchased a playpen so she can have closely supervised exercise
time.  The doctor is sending her home with Carnivore Care, but I don't
know how to transition from that back to solid food and how long the
transition should take.

I'd appreciate any help, especially instructions for how to care for her
stitches and how to prevent further injury.

Thank you,
Joy

Owned by Pippin, Gimli, and Sofie