From:
"Lange, Sandra SJ" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 09:55:25 +1100
>Subject: Re: SB-260
>
>Okay, I know everyone feels their individual species/breed/etc., is
>"different" from every other, but dogs and cats are just as poorly
>equipped as domestic ferrets to live in the wild.

Australia has a huge problem with feral cats.  They have survived in the
incredibily harsh conditions and spread across our entire continent.  I
believe it is something to do with the rainfall pattern and the
rodents,native and introduced.

Domestic cats are still natural hunters.

Feral cats in Australia hits a nerve with me.  We also have feral goats,
feral camels, feral rabbits, feral pigs, feral bullocks, feral horses
(brumbies).   All introduced species and thriving.

Regards
Sandra, Princess, Clover, Oscar and
Gemma-who-is-supposed-to-be-an-indoor-cat