From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 21:51:55 -0400
I know this topic has been covered often, by those that feel strongly
that ferrets should or shouldn't have them.  But I was curious about when
the vet decides to stop giving them to a certain ferret.  Mikette had
surgery and the vet said we would wait to see how she did before deciding
if she would get future vaccines.  She did fine and got them, until the
next year when she was diagnosed with insulinoma, then we stopped giving
them to her annually.  Jillie (with a different vet) went in for her
annual and a concern, and because it turned out she needed surgery no
shots were given to her or scheduled for after surgery.

I'm just wondering why ferrets don't get them after certain medical
issues.  It makes me wonder if I should still give them to my healthy
ferret, if something makes them not good for my ferrets with medical
issues.

Just would like some insights.
Thanks
Risa